Pitru Dev: People who leave their bodies during death enter the world of ancestors known as Pitru Loka. Our Departed Ancestors – as per ancient scripture it is placed as to Vishnu Dev. Who are always there looking upon us and giving us much needed blessing for our happy and prosperous life. But I have observed at many places, people put their pictures in Pooja Room/Home Temple which is considered very InAuspicious. As per Vastu Purusha Mandala there is special place given to Pitru. See below Image of Vastu Purush Mandal.
Where to Place Pitru’s Pictures
As per Vedic Vastu Shastra one needs to place in Pitru Gana location as mentioned on Vastu Purush Mandal.
- Never Ever place pictures of ancestors in Puja temple. It creates imbalanced
energies which are not favorable to the family.
- The photographs in Golden frame of Pitru’s ( Deceased elder’s) on the South side of the South-West (SW) wall. This norm is applicable to both residential as well as commercial premises. The rationale behind this belief is that the Southwest corner ( Pada) is called / termed Pitru Guna – (See Image).
- Make sure to place pictures of ancestors in such a way that it is not facing the Main Door or Entrance. It is not auspicious. The photographs have to be oriented such that the Pitru’s face the North direction while the person praying to them will face the South direction.
- The best location to place pictures (use golden frame) of ancestors is the South West Corner or the South wall. Further, the bottom of the frame of the photograph should be above the height of the tallest person of the house or simply six feet + height.
- One could always use a small stand underneath to support the pictures.
- While doing tilak, use your Index Finger always. Reason- As per Hindu Scriptures Index finger represents ancestors so we get their blessings; while Ring Finger represents God and Goddess
Symptoms of Pitru Doshas:
- The Most prominent – Miscarriages and No Progeny in the family
- Often miscarriages
- Financial Struggles even though putting all the hard-work
- Continue health issues in Family
- Sudden deaths in Family
- Children faces issues with Education/Career
- Family relationship issues, continues quarrel within family.
- Fights at Workplace for no reason or Unnecessary Defamation at Workplace
- Continual Depression, Anxiety and Miseries to the family members
- Marriage Delay/ Unable to get married.
- Wealth will come in, but not stay in the family.
- Plants and animals don’t flourish in such homes
- The social status of the family decreases
- The home seems lonely
- Some part of the house never get fully constructed or some part of the house start breaking away.
- The diseases in such families never go away, there’s always some kind of illness present.
- The head of the family keeps getting ill; or he/she may have some grave ill.
Removing Pitru Dosha
Those residing in the pitru loka feel extreme pangs of hunger and thirst. They cannot however eat anything on their own and accept the offerings given to them during Shraadh ceremonies. It is therefore highly important for the children to propitiate them through the regular observance of the Shraadh ceremony. Defaults in this can invite the anger of the ancestors and result in Pitru Dosh. Every year there are certain days which are specially meant for remembering our ancestors, these are called ‘shraadh paksh’ belonging to the “pitra paksh“. These days come about in the month of “Ashwiini” on the first day of “Amavasya” as per the Hindu calendar. During these times, one keeps a fast and does other prayers and worshipping for ancestors. One can daily offer food while having their own meals – Feed that food to Cow. There are many other rituals one can follow and for same consult highly qualified priest.
1. || Om Pitra Devaya Namah
Om Pitra Shanti Bhavah || OR
2. ॐ पितृ दैवतायै नम: